My first conversation in Chinese  

Posted


20080429_MG_0149
Originally uploaded by ocean yamaha
My father had nicely written a letter to me mentioning information he had discovered about Huang Shan, or the Yellow Mountain.

He had said that it was a mist shrouded, rainy mountain that was featured in classical Chinese poetry. But he also mentioned how the city of Huang Shan is located right next to the Yanghtze river.

As our driver was taking us home from the Mountain, we crossed a large river. I was sleepily listening to iPod, when I realized this was the largest body of water we had to cross.

I excitedly ripped out my earphones and asked "Yanghtze?" in my best fake chinese accent. The driver perked up and said, "Wei, wei! Yanghtze [some chinese I couldn't understand]."

I was so happy he was able to understand me.


20080429_MG_0152

This entry was posted on 4.30.2008 at Wednesday, April 30, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment